The 3 Great Loves campaign of the UCC is an opportunity for all of us to express our Love of Neighbor, Love of Children, and Love of Creation by working together to address the inequities in our world. This is a 2-year initiative, and the UCC is providing resources for and seeking stories of how we are living out God’s love in our world. Stories can be shared at www.ucc.org/3greatloves, or on Facebook, or on Instagram and Twitter using #3greatloves in the post.
For 2019, the UCC printed a desktop calendar called “Just Act,” a daily action calendar for creating a just world for all. Every Sunday the actions for the coming week will be on the bulletin board by the Love of Neighbor poster. Use these actions as a resource for your ideas and actions about making a Just World for All.
Here are some highlights from the March calendar:
- Volunteer at your county Meals on Wheels program. (Robbinsdale has an outreach program called “Dinner at Your Door.” They deliver meals the third Tuesday from 10:30 a.m. – noon. Connect with Keith Smith at Robbinsdale.)
- Spend some time with God today and let grace shine through your life.
- Fasting and prayer are the pillars of Lent. Think about how you will structure this holy season for yourself and your household. (Attend the Joint Ash Wednesday Service at Robbinsdale UCC. Soup and bread at 6:00 p.m. Service at 7:00 p.m.)
- Journal about what gets in the way of serving only God.
- Participate in the Global Ministries Child and Elder Sponsorship Programs.