The 3 Great Loves campaign of the UCC is an opportunity for all of us to express our Love of Neighbor, Love of Children, and Love of Creation by working together to address the inequities in our world. This is a 2-year initiative, and the UCC is providing resources for and seeking stories of how we are living out God’s love in our world. Stories can be shared at www.ucc.org/3greatloves, or on Facebook, or on Instagram and Twitter using #3greatloves in the post.
For 2019, the UCC printed “Just Act,” a daily action calendar for creating a just world for all. At the beginning of each month, some of the actions for the month will be posted on the bulletin board by the Love of Neighbor poster. Use these actions as a resource for your ideas and actions about making a Just World for All.
Here are some other actions from the April calendar:
* Knit or crochet stocking caps and scarves for the homeless. (You can donate them to the Christmas tree at church in December.)
* Build a window planter and plant a food product you can share. (You can also volunteer with the Food Group at Robbinsdale UCC and work in their Community Garden.)
* Never too early to think about voter rights and voter registration drives: check out “Our Faith Our Vote” at ucc.org/ourfaithourvote.
* Create a space for your spiritual practice that inspires your journey to God.
* Dream up plans for the coming months and journal about a future that embodies justice for all and gives you hope.
(What are your visions or dreams for the future church?) Just Act!